How to Make the Perfect Mosaic Cake
The perfect cake doesn’t exist — Oh wait. Mosaic cake strikes a perfect texture balance between the rich cacao fudge and the light, flakiness of the tea biscuits, forming the moist mosaic throughout its center. With each bite, you taste a cobblestone street of cacao and biscuit in your mouth. 🤤
America is often referred to as a melting pot. At Rüya, we think it should be seen as a mosaic. People want to be celebrated for their individuality.
Prepare your Turkish mosaic cake by collecting your ingredients and materials for baking:
- 1 pound / 500 grams petit beurre biscuits
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup / 225 grams butter
- 3 ounces / 80 grams bitter chocolate
- a long, narrow loaf pan
- clean plastic bag, cut open to make a rectangle
Recipe - 5 Easy Steps!
- First, break all of your petit beurre biscuits into small squares and set aside. Then, melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave or in a double boiler. Follow four more steps to complete your delicious cake recipe:
- Next, whisk the sugar, vanilla, and cocoa powder into the butter and chocolate and mix well. Whisk in the eggs and mix well until thickened.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the broken biscuits and the chocolate mixture by turning it gently with a wooden spoon until all the crackers come in contact with the chocolate.
- Line your loaf pan with the clean plastic sheet. Then, fill the pan over the plastic and pack the mixture down as tightly as you can with the back of the spoon. Once all the mixture has been packed down, smooth the top, then close the edges of the plastic over the top.
- Refrigerate the mosaic cake for several hours or overnight before serving. When the cake is set, unwrap the plastic from one end and begin slicing it. Close the plastic again and keep your cake in the refrigerator for several days.