How To Make Turkish Coffee Like the Sultan/Sultana You Are
500 years in the making
Sipped by the sultans & sultanas of the Ottoman Empire, Turkish Coffee is the first brewing method EVER. Breathe easy, you don’t have to be a coffee nerd to get it right.
What You Need
- Rüya’s Supa Fine Turkish Grind
- An ibrik to cook on your stovetop
- Traditional Turkish coffee Cup + Saucer
Order all 3 in our Turkish Coffee Kit
7 Steps to brew like the Sultan/Sultana that you are:
- Fill your Turkish coffee cup with cold water, then pour water into your Ibrik.
- Mix-in thoroughly 2 teaspoons of the Rüya’s Supa Fine Turkish Grind coffee.
- If desired, mix in sugar now; Turks never add it after brewing
- Put your ibrik on medium heat and let it boil up and allow it to bubble up to the top of the ibrik. No need to stir. One boil for the crema to reach the top of the ibrik is enough to get the perfect first sip. As my grandmother would say, “sleep cannot be without blanket as coffee without foam.”
- Immediately pour the coffee into your small Turkish coffee cup, letting the grounds settle.
- Take care not to drink the grounds. Our coffee, like our people, is unfiltered.
- As the Turkish proverb goes, if your Turkish coffee tastes “Dark as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love,” then you got it just right. Zing!
Share photos on Insta & tag @ruya_cincy - we love to see it!
Order more at ruyacoffee.com.